Thursday, January 3, 2008

Where do I start?

Oh dear, it's January 3rd and I'd vowed to start this blog on the 1st. Best laid plans and all that.... Decided to head to Kerry on New Year's Eve to fulfill my need to have made at least one trip to the Kingdom every year since I was born. I hadn't made it down once in 2007 (too much work!!) so decided to slip in there on the last day of the year and be there on the first day of 2008 and have killed 2 birds with the one stone. And it's been a great trip. Great company courtesy of Uncle Pat and Fifi the dog, plus my own dear dad, great food from the garden and a few good walks on the beach at Ballyheigue - amazing surf and some huge boomers in the bay...there's a reef out there somewhere! Set off back home via the Gaynors in Bandon and managed to find myself at the bus station in Cork without a wallet. One very helpful counter assistant later and I was on the bus back to Dublin to prepare for my next venture.....Big Apple here I come.

1 comment:

Justine Curgenven said...

hi Susanna! I followed the link from Simon and Phil's blog so I'm glad I had something to read! Thanks for all your help with our first aid kit for New Zealand. Barry tells me it's arrived at his house safely! Have fantastic travels this year. I'll keep an eye on your adventures, now I know where to look!!